Pigs farming techniques: environmental issues
Improving environmental outcomes
Demand from society has made environmental certification a framework for pig farming, aiming to institute an objective review of the environmental impacts on the water, air and soil in line with a progress-focused approach.
- Reducing environmental impacts: water, soil, air,
- Taking new factors into account: energy self-sufficiency, greenhouse gas emissions,...
Ifip develops tools for assessing and improving the environmental balance of swine farms, by:
- Reducing pollutant flows,
- optimising effluent management,
- Incorporating pig building into the local landscape,
- Saving or even producing energy,
- Re-using various industrial by-products
- and more...